Sunday, August 15, 2010

Some studies in watercolor and gouache




Watercolor, gouache and colored pencil. 38 x 26 cm ( 15'' x 10'') on Arches HP. Landscape from Mols Bjerge, Jutland.



Watercolor, gouache and colored pencil. 9'' x 12'' on Fabriano CP. Landscape from Vokslev, Northern Jutland. The yellow flowers are Ragwort, and the purple flowers are Greater Knapweed. Maybe it's a little too colorful?



Watercolor, gouache and acrylics. 9'' x 12'' on Fabriano CP. I had problems with the sky so I ended up using acrylics for this part. A stream near Fussingø. The white flowers are Cow Parsley. I'm not really happy about this one, but maybe I'll use it as a sketch - maybe for an oilpainting?




Watercolor, 7'' x 10''. From the coast along Limfjorden by Lønnerup Fjord. I plan to make an oilpainting of this, so I made this watercolor to test the potentials.


1 comment: