Sunday, May 9, 2010

Something else

This time I've drawn / painted a frog and a butterfly. I have bought a set of Faber-Castell Polychromos, which is regular colored pencils, and a set of Faber-Castell Albrecht Dürer, which is water soluble colored pencils.


Moor frog.

This is drawn on Fabriano CP water color paper, 6'' x 4.5'' (15 x 11 cm). I drew a moor frog, from one of my photos. I first covered the thin pencil-drawing with a thin layer of "normal" watercolor, to get a color in all areas, so I wouldn't get white spots between the color pencil strokes. These white spots is a problem on rough paper with colored pencils, at least for me.

Then I used regular color-pencils (not watersoluble) to deepen the colors, and make gradations and details and such. At last I deepened a bit of the darkest parts with a little black watercolor, and made a few light spots with white gouache.



Red admiral.

This is on the same fabriano paper, and same size. This time I used the water soluble colored pencils, and added a little water with a brush to even out the colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment